Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Query Select/Preselect Highlighting

nkrahenbuhl

I never really liked the preselect highlight option, so I turn it off. With my last employer, I was still able to utilize the query select option by clicking the right mouse button. Now at my new employer, running the same version of Pro/e, when I turn off the preselect highlight option, the query select functionality goes with it. Is there an option in pro/e that I can enable and save in my Config.pro to enable the query select w/o using the preselect highlight option?

I am using Pro/E Wildfire 3.0.
I did find a solution on another posting. It didn't explain what caused the issue, but it did provide a solution. I don't recall at the moment where the other posting is located or who it was by, but basically, there was an error in my config.win or window customization file. Apparently when i made some changes, i.e. toolbar addition or removal, I also lost the ability to RMB Click and query select. When I deleted all but my original config.win files I re-gained the ability to RMB click and query select.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back