Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Migrating a design from RSD6 to RSD8

Scheryl

Good Afternoon

I need help with the process of migrating my CD design from RSD6 to RSD8.

I copied the design folder with all its sub-folders to the new install directory, but when I open the design I get a yellow star next to my catalogue items saying that the item is 'only in internal catalogue'.

What does this mean and how do I get rid of it?

Many Thanks

Scheryl

Hi Scheryl,

The star you are seeing is for informational purposes so you know where the catalog item is stored.

At RSD 7 PTC introduced central catalog functionality, which means that the catalog can be stored on a shared resource and made available to multiple designs.

The implementation is backwards compatible with R6 designs and earlier but to make it clear that catalog items are not central they have a star next to them to indicate that they are just stored internally with the design (which was the way that catalogs worked pre-R7).

If your catalog was stored centrally then the icon and browse text would be different.

For more information the help files have a book under "Design Basics" called "Working with a Central Catalog". The first article is called "About Central Catalogs".

There are also some FAQs on the web.

Regards,

Martin Kemp
PTC

Edited by: eepgmik

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back