Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Importing dxf symbols to make LIVE

Scheryl

Good Morning

I have just joined the forum and have enjoyed reading through previous postings. I already got some great help from some of them.

However...

I have just started working in RSD this week, and I desperately need help. I have all my schematic/circuit symbols available as dxf's, nowI need to import them into RSD (managed to get that right)and somehow make them 'live' (ports etc). Can anyone help me on how to go about doing this.

I have attached a screen capture of one of my symbols, the two circles need to be the ports...

Any help will be much appreciated.

I would like to have a talk with the developers of that RSD myself. It was created out of England and not to reiterate stereotypes but those English are not known for electronics.I would think they can get interface correctly tho. Maybe those developers made this tool antiquated so designers have to take classes?

You are in the correct place. That much is good.

To make your ports 'hot' or routable requires more than what I can post on this forum. I will take the time to make a video and upload link for you. Give me a day or two.

Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back