Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E Educational Version

As big of a demand that Pro/CABLE is you would think they would make that module available with the WF5.0 Student version....I think you can download RSD lite free.

http://www.ptc.com/products/proe/proconcept/try.htm

I would not suggest learning Pro/CABLE nor RSD on your own... it would take years. However PTC does offer this link for the try it before you buy it link. I believe you can access Pro/CABLE there.
Edited by: design-engine

Hi,
"Educational version"? There are several- Schools Edition (free for teachers who have finished the training), Schools Advanced Edition (check PTC FAQs), Student Edition (Uni Students). To my knowledge, both the Schools Edition files will NOT load nor load files from Commercial packages but Schools Advanced Edition seems to have the module you are after.

Thank you for your responses!

Design-engine - Thank you for your link. I will let you know if it works. I am downloading it right now.

I just thought it would be a good idea to learn a new part of pro/e so I have a leg up compared to other people. My company is going through a pretty rough patch, I am just waiting for the pink slip!

Congratulations for getting it to work... Like i said over and over and I don't care how smart you are...

Pro/CABLE is not one of those tools you can just pick up and start using.You need to get a class and get that out of the way first. I can give you some hints tho... I already PM'd you this but ill post it for everyone else.

Pro/CABLE works in Assembly mode.To activate proe cable in an assembly you reach for 'Application' and 'cabling'.

I did it (learned Pro/CABLE) on my own and it took me over a year before I felt comfortable to even do a two day class. And I was doing it like the contractors told me they did it at work. Routing wires and conductors by hand is a horrible experience... and the wrong way to do it. It will make you grit your teeth at night.... (which is probably why manufactures pay so freeken much for Pro/CABLE contractors. For the ones that can also route with RSD even more.And I flew in contractors on the weekends to teach me because there was no one who would teach a representative who works at a school like design engine. Now that I have 5 years experience I can actually teach two weeks of materials and often created custom curriculum for companies.

Its fun now but it was grueling. I created a Pro/CABLE course... one I wish i could have taken five years ago, i would be the expert much faster.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back