Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

4-cavity mold again

Triple-Ess

Hi all
I am sorry if i am repeating the same topic but i am a new user of ProE.I have a simple cap(for example) and i have made a 4 cavity mold.I created a rec pattern of 4, split it into 2 volumes ie, cavity plate and core plate. I created a pattern of revolved surface so that each core is surrounded by a surface. Now when i split it to get cores out of plate i get cores but asa single volume. How can I make Proe understand that this is one core but in pattern. Thanks.

i will tell you how i do this.

1. have all the required parting surfaces developed
2. make the first split, the cavity and the other as BULK1
3. make the second split from split > mold volume > two volumes, select the BULK1 for splitting
4. select the quilt for core insert, only one of it, and the rest of the quilts to BULK2
5. MAKE the 3rd split from split > mold volume > two volumes, select the BULK2 for splitting
6. SELECT the quilt for core retainer/stripper for the 1st volume, and the rest of the quilts to UNUSED.
7. Now that we have made all the splits, it is time to extract the volumes into components.
8. Mold comp > extract. with the selection list window, select all except the volume named UNUSED.
9. After component extraction, if necessary reorder the core insert to come after core retainer / stripper
10. right click the core insert > edit definition.
11. assembly placement dialog will open, remove the DEFAULT constraint
12. constrain the core insert to the PATTERN LEADER of the REF_PART pattern. be sure to select reference only from REF_PART, nothing else from the assembly, or the patter of core insert will fail.
13. after successful constraining, you can pattern the core insert to follow the leader.

hope this is useful to you.

if any one has better way than i am doing, request you to share it here, so that i also upgrade myself.

thank you
BALAGANESAN S
CHENNAI - INDIA

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back