Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mold and Casting

mark c

I have a mold design where the reference part was from foreign data (STEP file)

I was given a new part that has been changed slightly. How can I replace the old refernce part with the new one? I appreciate your help.

if you have a mold design already, so you know all the steps of mold designing. Its better to open a new mold as you must do every thing new in the file too, if you change the ref part in the same file. So better is to make a new file and as you remember all steps you do it so quickly. Otherwise replace the part as we replace a part in assy. But you need to give all refrences for workpeice, parting surfaces (specially), all splited volumes etc. So my advise is that, that you must make a new mfg file.

Yeah, Zaki I don't know why you would need to do this unless you want to do 2x the work. Bad advice if you ask me...

Redefine the import feature, re-load the step file and replace the changes surfaces. Vey easy to do and it works great.

Thanks for the reply.

Firewild, can you be more specific? Can I just open the refernce part, insert the new

step file making sure it lies directly on top of the existing part, then delete the

existing part? I'm new to Pro-E so alot of the nomenclature is not intuitive to me.

Please reply

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back