Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config file for new Pro-E releases

Kurt Anderson

Good morning,

This has been discussed beforeat our company when we load a new version of Pro-E (e.g. from Wildfire 4.0 to 5.0). We are 100% up to date with Wildfire 4.0 (M050), andhave been using our existing config files since we started using Pro-E (Wildfire 2.0 or 3.0). Is there a problem with usingan existing config file with new releases of Pro-E, or will that cause conflict?

Thanks

They are always adding new options that won't be in an older file so you will just get the default value, whatever PTC has decided that should be. For the most part, Pro/E will just ignore obsolete or invalid config.pro options. I have heard of cases where people have solved problems with Pro/E crashing by starting with a clean config files. Not that much has changed between WF2 & WF4 so I don't think you have much to worry about.

I do always manually edit config files to keep them clean, repeatedly writing mapkey defs into your system config files will bloat them.

Config.win files are a lot more troublesome as they seem to just keep bloating like windoze registry and there is no way I know of to clean them up.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back