Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

default settings

Guru.hm

hello everyone,

pls tell me how to set the "default" units in pro-e..
everytime when i start a new drawing i need to set the units to mm( as i m working in milimeters). at the start it will be in inches as default but i want to set "mm" as default everytime...

any help would be appreciated...

put this into your config.pro

template_solidpart C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 4.0\templates\mmns_part_solid.prt
template_sheetmetalpart C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 4.0\templates\mmns_part_sheetmetal.prt
template_designasm C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 4.0\templates\mmns_asm_design.asm

Those template settings will only affect new objects made using those templates. Most companies customize their own templates. If you start a part without templates, you can set config options pro_unit_length, pro_unit_mass, ang_units or pro_unit_sys to control default action. Existing parts will have to be changed manually.

Most of Pro/E's control files are simple ascii text files, you can edit them in any text editor. Old timers like myself usually go this route. You can also go through the Pro/E menu structure Tools/Options which gives you a GUI, gives you acceptable values for restricted options and lets you search using the find button.

In addition to the config.pro files there are printer control files (*.pcf), drawing setup files (*.dtl) and a host of others you will come to love or hate depending on whether you are a control freak or just trying to do your job.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back