Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Moving from ProE2001 to Wildfire 4

stappie

Dear all,

After working with ProE2001 for about 8 years, I now have a new challenge, switching to Wildfire 4. At this moment I am absolutly fitting with everything which concerns mold-design, and falling verry easily back into an old habit, using my old version of ProE 2001. Does anyone have any good tutorials, tips and or tricks which could help me? I know we as moulddesigners have the best job in the world,andI don't want to fail after 20 years of designing moulds because of a new software version.

Soany help is welcome.

Thanks in advance Stappie.

Hi Stappie
It must not cause you to fail dear. Just your menu mapper to trace the new positions of old commands, menus etc. Also make yourself clear first on Boundary blend and other surface modeling commands. Only thing that feels bad is parting surface redefine system that is not good in WF3 and 4. There is no tutorial available on net or anywhere for mold design, specially wf4. But you need to spend two or three days on try and you must get what you need.

Dear Zaki,

Thanks for your reply. Will follow your advice and have a close look at all the surface modeling features.

Stappie

I hadn't worked with the mold package since about rev19 or so and it was quite a change when not only having to relearn the mold package but also being able to teach it. Anyway, the process has change quite dramatically and I think it isa LOT easier than it used to be. Biggest thing to spend some time with is working with the silhouette curves and skirt surfaces. They are far easier that the older method of using the traditional surfacing methods.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back