Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

need help with component placement

skwasim_smile

Hi there,

Iam new to this module of mold design in pro-e,iam using W.F-4.0 edition iam trying to split a component,but the problem is tht when i call the component in mold cavity the mold datums and CYSY are placed away from the component(the component iam using is a step file) please can u help me to bring inline the mold datums and CYSY with the model datums & CYSY i have created and i need to change the pull direction how can i do it.

p.s- attach is the pic what iam trying to say

thanks in advance for ur help & support

wasim.

Edited by: skwasim_smile

Dear Wasim
first make datum planes on all three axes (csys, x, y, z) then assemble the part in mold mfg file. You can assemble as do it normally. You can easily change the part orientation so the direction will change.

hi zaki

thanks a lot for the info i will surely try it out, just out of curosity i wanna ask u that after i split up the core and cavity how do i start with mold plates i mean to ask should i do it indivually in part state or in the assy mode,plz can u guide me on this.

wasim.

you can do both types. But if you have Pro/Intralink, you can do whatever you want in mold mfg file or same assy file. But if you dont have intralink, dont touch your original split mold volumes. Just extract them out, then make an assy file and some empty part files. Assemble all split extracted parts, with empty parts and merge them in those empty parts. Then use those parts and make another assy file for complete mold assy. You can also use EMX if you have.

hi Zaki,

Thanks a lot brother i will just check out and try to do the way u have suggested,if nay probs i will come back to u
smiley2.gif

wasim

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back