Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CROSS HATCHING

tedwards

Is there a way of adding hatching to areas on a drawing view that is NOT a cross-sectional view?

I have a component that has 0.5mm deep recesses on the front face, I would like to shade the recessed areas to clarify what is recessed/ not recessed.

tedwards

In drawing mode, if you use the drawing sketch tools to sketch an enclosed area, you can then use Edit/Fill to hatch this area. You must select all the entities, or it will not work and it must be enclosed. Sounds like for your component, you can use the Tools/Use Edge to get your perimeter.

vdzwaag

tedwards

In drawing mode, if you use the drawing sketch tools to sketch an enclosed area, you can then use Edit/Fill to hatch this area. You must select all the entities, or it will not work and it must be enclosed. Sounds like for your component, you can use the Tools/Use Edge to get your perimeter.

vdzwaag

Another way is to create a enclosed datum curve in the model and display x-hatch.

I use this techinc to show masked areas on painted parts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back