Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF5.0 ARX (Photolux) THE NEW DEAL

Didnt see much of this yesterday at the UK PTC launch. I did however see all the extra material setups etc and the new method of applying materials... great improvement
smiley32.gif

Damn, I was just thinking recently that I was getting half-way decent at rendering, but now it looks like I have to learn a lot of this new stuff they threw intothe setup. So this is what mental ray looks like? Altho, everytime I get into it, my session crashes. (The good thing about that is, now when starting up after pro/Close, it automatically pulls the latest saved models you had in session).

Haha mgnt8, One step forward, 2 steps back... I know that feeling
smiley36.gif

Downloaded WF5 today, will try and get chancenext weekto have a play with it. Looking forward to it, as I should have my new beast machine to play with too
smiley4.gif

Wow - big improvement for transparent & translucent appearances. Definately, requires hardware upgrade.

Global Illumination - I'm just going to let that sink in a little bit - results a little grainy so far but I can probably clean it up in photoshop. I think this is what we've been waiting for.
Edited by: mgnt8

Taking a long time to find the right combinations of scenes & lights, especially for higheraccuracies,but so far it blows away the old photolux.

Anyone know where to download more HDR lights? I'm not sold on the ones that came in the graphics library.

Yep, you just have to have upto date maintenance and update your License pack. 5 sec job on the PTC website.

Please take into account that this is a preproduction version of Wildfire 5.0 and is in working progress.

Wildfire 5.0 production version is not set to release for a couple of months.

If people have any good renders from 5.0 add them onto here or join the PTC community on Facebook.

Decals don't work - can't see them at all. I put a call in to PTC and they have an SPR going on it. Hopefully they fix it in the production version.

As far as rendering is concerned, of course Mental Ray is great, I used it a lot through ImageStudio and it's nice to have it integrated... But I'd really love to see a fully integrated, double associative version of Hypershot from Bunkspeed, once you test it you can't go back...

paul_tanner said:
Yep, you just have to have upto date maintenance and update your License pack. 5 sec job on the PTC website.

You can do it online without calling tech support? How?

zpaolo said:
paul_tanner said:

You can do it online without calling tech support? How?

Your ptc login account has to have download permissions too. Some companies choose to allow that only for their admins.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back