Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Measure Results Graph/Graphtool

rotorcam

Hopefully a simple question, when viewing the results graph in Graphtool, it has a black background and mostly yellow font color for axis graphics. This prints fine, but it prints the black background. If the background is changed to white, all of the fonts must change also (as yellow is tough to see on white background). But, I have to drill around all the setup tabs and go through a couple levels of clicking for each entity color I am changing (a lot, axis ticks, axis legend, etc. for each axis and then overall report). There has to be a way to define this in a setup file somewhere, but I am having trouble locating the correct way to define my colors.

I've been working around this by saving to a text file and then importing into gnuplot - but that seems silly when I have a graphtool built into pro/e....

--Dennis

FYI, This works (and it is pretty simple):

<table ="boundedTop indent20 alignTop"><t><tr>
<th>Title</th>
<td>Saving Graph Format Settings to a File and Using the Graph Settings File in Subsequent Sessions of Pro/<wbr>MECHANICA

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th>Details</th>
<td>

<h5>Additional Information</h5>
<div style="padding: 10px;">

Description

-----------------

The purpose of this document is to list the steps required to allow the
user to set the format options for graphs only once, and then making
those preferences the default options for the Graph Tool. The Graph
format options are accessed by selecting #Format, #Graph in the results
window. This document applies to Pro/MECHANISM and Behavioral Modeling
as well.

Alternate Technique

-----------------

See Resolution.

Resolution

-----------------

To set the default graph preferences, the following steps must be followed:

1. Create a new text file in the desired directory and name it graph_pref.txt

2. Set the configuration option "bmgr_pref_file" to the full path of the graph_pref.txt file created in step (1)

3. Create a results graph, select #Format #Graph and configure the desired preferences (background colour, axis colour...etc.)

4. Click #Set Default in the Graph Window Options.

5. Close Pro/ENGINEER. Open graph_pref.txt in a text editor and confirm
that Pro/ENGINEER saved the preferences to it. Do not make any changes
to the file.

6. Launch Pro/ENGINEER and view open a graph results window. The settings selected in step (3) should have been retained.

</div></td></tr></t></table>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back