Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

My chain mechanism won’t work

mattej00

Hi,
I've made a chain-sprocket mechanism but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've got to sprockets. And I got a chain along a curve built up by pin-connections and slot-connections.

Obviously I want my sprockets to move along with my chain and I have tried to do that by cam-connection but it fails for me.
Can somebody please take a look at my asembly?
I've added my project as a .rar =)

Regards,
Mattias
Sweden

2008-11-12_141915_chain.rar

btw, it's made in wf3

Edited by: mattej00

hi there

You can use a slot to move the chain along the curve path and that means you need to create a point onEACH center of roller and attach it using slot connection to the curve then add EACH roller surface to the sprocket surface using cam connection and allow lift off. please see video below I created

2009-03-18_051317_chain.rar

do you have to define a path for the chain to run along? And how do you allow the lift off on a cam connection?

yes you need to because that will serve as the guide path or else your chain links will mess up.this path will also be the basis of the slack side and tight side of the chain in real world. lift off is in the properties of the cam connection the one that is on the 3rd tab of cam definition dialog box, just check the button for lift off

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back