Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Trouble checking out items in Intralink

chrisrichards68

Hello guys....I am a newbie to MCad.

Well, my colleague & I are experiencing occasional problems with checking items out of common space into our workspaces.

We are a small team & can usually sort things out....but this one is baffling us!

So, we go to check out assemblies & within those assemblies are assemblies or items with family tables attached to them. But when we hit the checkout button we get error messages on the FAMILY TABLE VERSIONS tab. We try to pick earlier versions, but it still won't let us check the items out!

We have a theory, that we may have overwritten these family tables whilst others have them already checked out, then there is the possability that other people have orked on the files too. THen we check them all in & it now seems to have got it's knickers in a twist!.

We do not lock our files & rely on internal communication between the team to stop this happening....but it obviously has!

I' sorry, it all sound very confusing, but is difficult to write these type of problems down.....has anyone else had this problem?

Kind regards

Chris

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back