Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Family table description using dims

jtotheb

I have built afamily table for different lengths of tubing, pipe, etc. I have a column for the assm description and the DIM,OAL of the "item", maybe using 10 to 20 different part numbers within the table. Is there a way to add the dim value to my description and have it change, if and when i change the DIM-OAL within the assmemble?

Thanks

J.Beck

You may also want to try a note in the model, set the DESCRIPTION parameter to be note, and set the note number. Using itos(d??) will give you an integer number and that may not be what you want if you have a dimension with decimal places.

To get decimal numbers to String parameter you can also fiddle with multiplying the dimension with 100 (to get two decimal numbers), then extract those two numbers and add them to the String parameter separately. Like in the following sample:

DESCRIPTION="whatever "+itos(d??)+","+extract(itos(d??*100),number_of_decimal_plac es_l eft_of_the_decimal_point,number_of_decimal_places_right_of_t he_decimal_point)+" long"

But this depends on the effort you need to make with setting up the DESCRIPTION parameter.

Edited by: skraba

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back