Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/CABLE rates for contractors

design-engine

I know Pro/CABLE and RSD contractors are in big demand because the contract agencies call design engine looking for Pro/CABLE RSD contractors. I learned today from a contractor in a surfacing class that the rate for experienced pro cable designers starts at $50 USD and ceilings at $65 USD. Can anyone back up this claim for rates?

Edited by: design-engine

Sounds about right, it's specialty that is hard to find I would imagine. Guess it would depend on the location as well but here inLA, easily that for a Cable/RSD contractor.

Here ya go, a quick search on Monster shows one job in my area for80/hour!Another one in Virginia for 45-65/hour, more specifically Pro/E experience is stressed.
Edited by: jason_

There must be a demand for cable designers if rates can be that high.Design engine is not yet known for it's Pro/CABLE classes like it is with surfacing... since we are geared at product design and such. I hope that in the near future, design engine is known for it's Cabling and RSD instruction.

Jason, Do you utilize the RSD or Pro/DIAGRAM to auto route cables?Do you know if John Deere is using Pro/DIAGRAM still like Caterpillar?Where do you work? Maybe I can get you in to teach me how Pro/CABLE is used in industry one weekend in October?

To make Design Engine known for Pro/CABLE RSD training... I have taped into high level cable designers over the past several years to come to Chicago over on weekends to offer me specialized Pro/CABLE instructionWith that I hope to offer training that pools from industry experience with exercises / (assembly challenges where cables fail).

I have BAE and NASA contractors (they are the ones telling me about the rates) Coming to Chicago this month to help me change the last two days of the Design engine one week RSD import exercises for Pro/CABLE.

design-engine said:
Jason, Do you utilize the RSD or Pro/DIAGRAM to auto route cables?Do you know if John Deere is using Pro/DIAGRAM still like Caterpillar?Where do you work? Maybe I can get you in to teach me how Pro/CABLE is used in industry one weekend in October?

I've never used RSD but have used Diagram and Cabling. I used to work for PTC and wastrained on Cabling then but this was before the RSD days. That was the last time I used it extensively. So, Iwouldn't claim to be proficient enough with Cabling to use it in a production environment much less teach it. In my opinion, it's one of the more challenging modules to learnbecause of the need to know a broad set of Pro/E skills and be the rare mechanicalguy/gal with an electrical background.

Wow, I'm working in the wrong place. Those rates are very attractive. Of course you have to be willing to travel.I''ve been using Pro Cable and Pro Diagram for about 6 years now. I just started playing with RSD. RSD is different than anything I have ever used. My background is 20 as a electrical designer with Pro Engineer and AutoCAD with 4 years in the Air Force as a electronic calibration technician.

I am struggling with creating items for my catalog. With any interface it should be clear however it is not.I will remain persistent.I want to be able to offer a one week RSD class next year and if that is to happen I have to really push.

Wow those figures sound pretty nice compared to what I am making now. Currently designing routing in severe agricultrual environment. I wonder if anyone wants to hire me and I can work from Midwest, maybe travel to the coast once a month for face to face and physical routing assessment?

design-engine said:
There must be a demand for cable designers if rates can be that high.Design engine is not yet known for it's Pro/CABLE classes like it is with surfacing... since we are geared at product design and such. I hope that in the near future, design engine is known for it's Cabling and RSD instruction.

To make Design Engine known for Pro/CABLE RSD training... I have taped into high level cable designers over the past several years to come to Chicago over on weekends to offer me specialized Pro/CABLE instructionWith that I hope to offer training that pools from industry experience with exercises / (assembly challenges where cables fail).

wow man, do you listen to too much late night infomercials? you sound so desperate to get your name out to anyone who reads these posts.

just sayin.

maybe...I see those rates and wonder why people complain about a recession. A point has been made.

But another point I am trying to make is that the contractors I have made discussions with and who have been teaching me do not use auto route in their jobs.There is so much room for growth and people still complain about the recession.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back