Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

rendering a cross section

housta

Hi everyone,

I have an assembly that I need to create some renderings of. I created a cross section in view manager, no problem. I go into rendererer, set all my options, render the assembly, and it doesn't recognize the section. I get a pretty picture of the unsectioned assembly. So as a workaround I've been doing an assembly cut and then rendering it. Is there anyway to get a nice image using a section created in view manager? I must be missing something.

Thanks,

Al

you can enable high level of details in Pro/E and smooth lines and curves... and enable Real time Rendering capability ... then show up your sections and make the Screen Shot ..... then open windows paint utillity and paste that snap shot ... save it as TIFF file (because of higher quality as JPEG)...

Just make sure your screen resolution is set to the highest setting. that way you can get the detail. Compressing some after in Photoshop is the way to go after you capture the high resolution image.

To answer your question...no, you can't render a cross section. Better to use photoshop to mix renders for a realistic rendered cut.

But if you want to render a "cross section" of an assembly it's possible to use an assembly cut.
The simplest way is to choose a Datum Plane and use Edit Solidify to cut with. You can also exclude parts from the cut under the Intersect slider.

The purpose can be achieved by Simplified Representations also. But it is very tedious process, as the simplified representations of every part affected by the "Section pane" must be prepared and the simplified representations of the assembly is then to be created. However, the rendered results are better than the images produced by assembly cut method.

I have come across this situationmany times before. The only problem with an assembly cut is that you struggle applying textures and colours to the cut faces. I've always made a cut on an active part at assembly level and then made other cuts at part level that use these surfaces as references. You can then apply textures and colours at the individual part level (you may want the cut surfaces a different colour with no reflection for examples). I think whichever way you do something like this is it going to be tedious. It is when I have to do it.

Phil

Hi. I am kind of new on this site and i was wondering, can anyone give me particular advice on rendering a cross section. See, i am doing this paper and i need at least 4 different resources from this site in general. Any suggestions?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back