Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bunkspeed Hypershot software

pro_eek

I used Bunkspeed Hypershot trial version a bit. (cant save images unfortunately)

Pros: cheapish, your license will use the full amount of PC processorsavailable,import native Pro/E parts, I like the material library as an easy starting point for nice materials,simple interface

Cons: no lighting setup within Hypershot (lighting is controlled by the HDRI image you load), at this stage decals must be placed within Pro/E environment (this will change in future), maybe too simple interface and options for some
smiley1.gif

I'll definitely keep an eye on Hypershot. Its obviously an up and coming company. I got prompt replies from Bunkspeed in their forum. They're really involving users to improve their software, so I think it can only improve.

Agree to your comments. Hypershot is an impressive piece of kit. So easy to apply materials,finishes etc and the quality of Render is fantastic for such little amount of work.

The major downside to it was placement of parts, difficult to line up your set as you have to place things by numerical XYZ points.

I too used the 15day trial, render your image full screen then CTRL Print Screen it into photoshop :)

Here was my very first attempt, took about 10 minutes to set up, rendered in 5 mins. Its not perfect, but for total 15 minutes set-up time, beat that with pro-e huh :) (its been resized loads from a 5meg tiff to a jpeg 800x600).

bconkitchensurfacejb0.png

Hey,

I recently purchased Hypershot, and so far it is the best rendering program (for our industry) I havehave carrara, Maxwell, ARX and lightwave, but nothing comes close to hypershot. Currently I'm beta testing a beta version of the Proe plugin and it works like a charm. No more triangled surfaces on for example flat surfaces which make it difficult to apply textures. 1.6 will have more control over the bumpmaps, textures etc. For now you have to apply a material with texture in pro so hypershot knows the texture coordinates. At their blog you can see webinars showing what can be done currently (http://hypershotwebinars.blogspot.com/)

Some pictures of the workflow with the proe plugin (notice it in the menubar)

Yes you can add lighting yourself : when importing also add a flat surface and give it a emmiting material. Soon there will be a material database, with detailed models the result is highly realistic, the community is growing fast, its FAST, at first it looks simplistic but this truly speeds up the process of getting a image to impress customers, a model tree will be added in later versions, ...

I did not experience my system slowing down while hypershot is running in the background (8710w laptop), unlike with for eg Maxwell. In worst case Hypershot has a pause functionality ...

Open your model (its pretty basic still so there is not much detail ...)

hs1.jpg

Select render, orientation, accuracy

hs2.jpg

Select the simplified rep you want

hs3.jpg

Hypershot opens

hs4.jpg

apply materials, select hdri and realtime you get a picture like this

hs5.jpg

I love it !

Nick
Edited by: dojo

OOoo NICE!

DIdnt think you could get objects to throw shadows on hdri backgrounds ( Assuming thats what it is ) on the top left tyre

Just finished building my new desktop... vista x64bit seems to run very nicely so far ( crosses fingers ). Had some small issues installing Photoshop CS2 but apart from that Im almost ready to start working again lol.

Im awaiting my new license for wildfire from ptc but once I get pro-e installed ( crosses more fingers ) I will have a go at hypershot again... should perform so much nicer with this machine etc.

Hi All

I have Installed Hyper Shot software ( Cracked Version ) but i have not serial no
Pls help me.

Thanks in Advance

D.A.Siddiqui

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back