Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Cabling & Pro/Diagram training

jhyder79

I am still on a quest to learn Pro/Cabling and Pro/Diagram but I'm having trouble finding any detailed tutorials. I tried the PTCU Pro/Cabling modules, but it was of little use because it covers Wildfire 3.0 (my company uses 2.0) and Routed System Designer.

If anyone can suggested decent online training or books I would really appreciate it. Also does anyone know if FroTime Tutorials are any good? They are priced fairly reasonable so I am considering them.

you can only get so far on your own and with various Pro/CABLE training online.

You should take the design engine three or five day cable class as it gets you past various thresholds like routing cables thru large assemblies using top down modeling methodology and autorouting and flatten harnesses and managing connectors.This kind of talk gets you to the second interview as from you question it might be assumed you are trying to get a job at Caterpillar.

I teach this class like how I want to learn.Route cables by hand the first two days. Make harness drawings the thrid day and unfold the cable so they make bread board drawings. Learn RSD the end of day three and focus all day on RSD the fourth day. Use RSD to route cables the day five leaving the afternoon relatively open for specific or non specific projects.Sometimes the afternoon is spent exporting Autocad blocks to RSD and starting to build a library of blocks for company use.

If you want pro diagram you are probably interested in working at Caterpillar since they are the only manufacture left using it. You will not find one place in the states that can teach Pro/DIAGRAM but if you know RSD and are able to auto route using it CAT ill pick you up faster than you can name your rate. Your on the right track though, to utilize a cable software in conjunction with the wiring diagram software for later auto routing functions.

Our web server is slow today but take a look after.

The frotime tutorials stop at midway thru my day two of the week long class. Its better than nothing tho.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back