Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CADDS5 viewer for Windows...

nwb

Hi...

I am having trouble with a project that requires access to a large amount (a ship's worth!) of CADDS5 data through an SDE.

One particular problem is a Windows CADDS5 model/drawing viewer. I have found very few CADDS5 enabled viewers out there... especially ones that fall within the rather tight cost constraints of this technology demonstrator.

Conversion of this data to Pro/E can only be sanctioned on a case-by-case basis based on business considerations. The vast majority of the data will stay as CADDS5 and will be in use for 25 years plus! Serious problem!

At this stage, the only requirements are to be able to view (plus usual manipulation) the native CADDS5 data, without a licenced CADDS5 system on the network, and print to hardcopy.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows of a viewer that meets my requirements.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks a lot...

Will.

While looking for Cadds5 & Legacy Info I found this link :-

My problem is to translate a file back to Pro-E V18/19/20 or earlier formats for a foundry to use. ( Foundry uses IronCAD which could import the old non-encripted information ).

I need the cheapest and easiest method from my version 2001. Do you know

http://www.datranet.co.uk/index.htm?cad_view.htm

Yours AndrewC

If you tried Googling "CADDS Viewers", you should have found this link: http://www.draftware.com/dvcaddshome.htm

DraftView for CADDS supports CADDS 3 Rev, all of CADDS 4X, and up thru the current CADDS 5i.It supports all explicit and parametric entities, including Dimensions and text (it's the only CADDSviewerthat supports all dimensions and text entities, including Kanji fonts).

View attachment 2514

DraftView hasbeen around since 1991 and is used worldwide by companies such as Halliburton, Bath Iron Works, Raytheon, Polaroid, etc, etc. Prices start at around $500 for 1 license, with quantity discounts starting at 2 or more licenses. Available for Windows, Solaris and HPUX.

-Steve

nwb said:
Hi...

I am having trouble with a project that requires access to a large amount (a ship's worth!) of CADDS5 data through an SDE.

One particular problem is a Windows CADDS5 model/drawing viewer. I have found very few CADDS5 enabled viewers out there... especially ones that fall within the rather tight cost constraints of this technology demonstrator.

Conversion of this data to Pro/E can only be sanctioned on a case-by-case basis based on business considerations. The vast majority of the data will stay as CADDS5 and will be in use for 25 years plus! Serious problem!

At this stage, the only requirements are to be able to view (plus usual manipulation) the native CADDS5 data, without a licenced CADDS5 system on the network, and print to hardcopy.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows of a viewer that meets my requirements.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks a lot...

Will.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back