Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Multiple BOM Balloons

sfmonday

Hello all,

I was just wondering if there is a way to place multiple BOM balloons within a assembly drawing. Due to the complexity of our drawings we need to place a balloon for the same component within several views. We are currently doing this using the Balloon split command (we are using custom balloons so we can do this), but the split command is very tedious when there are views on multiple sheets.

I was just wondering if there is a way to force Pro/E to place multiple balloons. It is very strange how sometimes it will allow you to do it but most times it won't.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Scott,

I am not at my desk now in front of proe but I did this recently. Go to
[bom balloons] then select [create balloons] [by component]. Now hold down your [ctl] key and select as many of the same components as you want and [accept].

Fred at

My Product Engineer Critical Path Design Edited by: Fred Heys

In model tree select component or components, RMB, "Create BOM balloon", select view where baloon (balloons) should be placed.

Use a reference balloon. You can add a balloon for a component which already has a "normal" balloon. Go to: Table -> BOM Balloons -> Add Ref Ballons

how do you make one balloon point to two items at the same time like with ballons "add ref" of non repeat region ballons?

the only way i have figured out how to do that is to overlay them on top of each other. I have a mapkey to toggle the snap to drawing grid. My process is: turn on snap, move balloons on top of each other, turn off snap, select both balloons and move to where you want them.

Annoying but such is life

Edited by: asharpe

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back