Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mold and Casting

mark c

I have a completed mold design. The core, cavity and inserts have all been split using the Mold and Casting application. My boss wants the gate insert eliminated to go with a solid cavity. Can anyone help me to remove the volume that makes up the gate insert component?

Ouch...... Not a simple fix.

First back up a reference copy to go back to or/and reference when you get stuck trying to fix the inprocess models.

In the MFG file there will be a split feature. There will be a couple for the inserts and any other volumes you have created. Just delete the split for the inserted gate feature. Clip surppress any features/compenets that decide to crash and begin the big fix. Make sure you have a fresh cup of coffee and a snickers candy bar, because it is going to take a while to fix your way out if it. Unless it was planned to be removed at a later date.

Good luck.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back