Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mold Layout multi Cavity

dpinho

Hi guys

I am having the hardest time creating mold Layout especially when I try to use the layout library and features like Runner.

First of all, I have not been able to change the values of library parts. If change, it will come back to set value again.

Also, I don't have a layout that would match the way I create multi cavity in my company, which should be symetrical in both axis. I have been doing it in assmebly mode, where I create new components by mirroring my cavity, but that is crap, cause I dont want to create new components.

Also, when I create Features, like Runner, it copies the features to all other cavities, making a real mess.

does anyone use Mold Layout properly. How should I use it?

Thanks a lot.

As I remember, you can create runners in mold layout. But the mirroring may cause problem. What I am doing is after extracting all mold volumes that I need, make an assy and put all parts in. Then create blank parts by the proper naming (I dont name a mold vol punch, but pnch) and now I merge those extracted mold volume's geometry in blank parts. By this, I know I loose some time, but my original mold volumes always remain unchanged and whenever I need to make a change in original part, it will update easily as those has no more features. May this will help you.
smiley1.gif

Hi all
This is a simple cap(for example) and i have made a 4 cavity mold.I created a rec pattern of 4, split it into 2 volumes ie, cavity plate and core plate.

I created a pattern of revolved surface so that each core is surrounded by a surface.

Now when i split it to get cores out of plate i get cores but as single volume. How can i make Proe understand that this is one core but in pattern. Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back