Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Connection axis

omarhernandez

Hey everyone,

I hope someone has some advice they could give me. I have a Assmebly with a subassembly inside of it, which is using a General Connection. Both of my constraint typesare planar aligns or mates with the offset tab set to Oriented. When the component placement dialog box is open you can seethat there isa bright yellow CSYS the graphics area. I have tried everthing to find out how to change these arrows to point in the other diretion or point in a completely different orientation. Has anyone ever done something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Omar

Hi Omar

If you need to reorient your basic coordinate system, you can do it but it works only with some very basic model (cube or somethin). But for more complicated models or actually any kind of model, I would rather recommend to create another coordinate system and put it into that original one. Then you can just reorient the axis (of that newly created CS) which way you need to. Then you can just hide useless coordinate systems (or poits which was created with same way) and let visible only useful ones for you. I have solved it this way and it works.

Edited by: Miko

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back