Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Importing ECAD Data into Pro/E

navanee

Hi All,

I have a serious question on importing ECAD Data into Pro/Engineer. Suppose, if the ECAD engineer changes the dimensions of the Printed Circuitboard. Usually if I import the emn file into the MCAD assembly, the placement of the components will be updated with respect to the emn file. But the changes done on the dimensions of the PCB will not be updated.

So, I will import the PCB first as a part file and then, on that PCB, I will import all the other components in assembly. Now comes my question: If I replace this PCB Assemblyfor the MCAD PCB, my top assembly references from the MCAD PCB are lost and I need to redefine all its children. If I am doing for many times, I spend most of my time in redefining the dependent components.

I am not sure, whether the way i am doing is right... Plz throw some light, if you are using some other efficient way...

Thanks in advance,

Navanee.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back