Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Highlight feature in part - group highlit

m-d-e

If you highlight a feature in the part, it is highlighted in the model tree as well. But if the feature is in a group, you have to look through all groups where it might be. When you have a model tree with lots and lots of groups, it's not always self evident in which group the feature is placed. Wouldn't it be easier if the group in which the feature is placed also is highlighted?

You mean like Solid Edge does? Yes, I wish Pro would do that also. Hey PTC, check it out sometime and see if you can't add that feature.

Great, now we're two!
smiley1.gif

I agree, it is a pain in the butt. But what I've found to be helpful, when it's hard to find where it is, just go to delete it. And when it asks, are you sure, scroll down the model tree. The group will be highlighted. Then just cancel.

straupma said:
I agree, it is a pain in the butt. But what I've found to be helpful, when it's hard to find where it is, just go to delete it. And when it asks, are you sure, scroll down the model tree. The group will be highlighted. Then just cancel.
Good workaround. Just don't hit "YES" by mistake!

Now I've also found, that once you realize it's in a group, select the feature, right mouse button, and on the bottom is a select group option. But thedelete routine works for patterns too. They just don't give you the option to select pattern.

straupma said:
Now I've also found, that once you realize it's in a group, select the feature, right mouse button, and on the bottom is a select group option. But thedelete routine works for patterns too. They just don't give you the option to select pattern.
Thanks! Never thought of checking that.
In case you don't want to risk deleting features by mistake it works with suppress feature as well.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back