Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

table.pnt file not supported with printer

zahid_shanamo

dear friends,

thease days i am much upset as i am working on table_pnt file to assign my own pen attributes to the printer.after creating the table. pnt file i saved it in the config.pro giving the name and path but it not working even though i checked the table file check box in the print dialog box. what might be wrong.

My printer is HP Laserjet 1022n.Are there other settings required in the print or options dialog box?

please help me.

regards,

zahid_shanamo

Save to file as a .plt change to .ps and open it in adobe acrobat. Print to you plotter using adobe. I had the same problem. Also, you can automate this process using a mapkey (or at least i did).

Are you using windows print manager or have you configured your printer in Pro/E?

If you have it as a Pro/E printer (which I recomend strongly) set it up as a postscript printer by adding this line in your .pcf file : "plotter postscript"

Having a defined printer in pro/E and just using the postscript drivers rather than a printer specific driver makes it so much easier to control the output.

please tell me in detail as how to configure the printer in pro/e .

I tried as told above but was unable to do so.

thanks & regards,

zahid

Here is a plot config file I use with the printer here. Copy it into your {loadpoint}\text\plot_config directory, & see if it works (the default paper size is A3).

If it works, modify the file for whatever size paper you want, and away you go.

2008-07-09_022647_bw_std_a3.zip

{loadpoint} is the directory where Wildfire is installed to

i tried the above tip but i have not arrived at the result still.please tell me how the default plot destination and the paper size A3/A4 can be changed in the plotter config. file.

Actully i have got two printers in the office one for A4 (HP LaserJet 1022n) and the other for A3 size (HP Deskjet 1080 printer).

please help me .

thanks and regards,

zahid_shanamo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back