Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mold Design

mark c

Can anyone show me how to create a new volume that will be cut from an existing volume? This is an existing mold, that I need to add an insert to. Example: I need to add an internaly designedpoppet to an existing core cap, and will also extend into an existing core. I'm using Wf-3. In my MFG. file I create a parting surafce, thendo a one volume extract. My poppet will look fine, but when I go and cutthe corresponding pocket from the core cap, and the core, it disappears on me.I called the PTC help line, and cannot find anyone well versed in Pro-Mold. Why am I paying for support? I am extremely frustrated.This is supposed to be fudamental. I am getting tired of defending the funding of this softeware in meetings.Ready to try Solidworks.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Again!!!!!!!!&nbsp ;&nbsp ;&nbsp ;&nbsp ; Thanks

would you like to show us or send us what you are doing? I am working from last 8 years and still happy with Pro.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back