Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Form with a punch

ARC1

Can anyone let me know how if possible you can do a form through two wall thickness after you have done a flush hem.

Thanks

This is something peculiar to do sheetmetal form over the flushed hem. Curiously i tried after checking this post, the result which i got shown below.

The form takes onlyone thickness. You can see the surface which is shown as red is a flushed hem, if i place the form on the flushed hem it piercing out from the other wall. For comparison i put the form on the pink surface. I dont know the reason why the form is not taking place over the flushed hem.

But practically we can do form over the flushed hem by means of hand press/ pneumatic/hydraulic press.

Anyone have tried this before... curious to know..
smiley2.gif

Edited by: Asho Pulsar

Thanks for having a look.
I realise that this not an usual requirement but I do actually need this forming to retain a wire in a crimp and the form help with retaining it in place.
I have since change the way to do and created a hem as a sweep wall and it works perfectly.
Technically it does not reflect the way you would do it when manufacture it but it shows it as a finish product

moz-screenshot.jpg

Cheers.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back