Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

model of an adult human body

ewenger

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on an assembly in WF2 that will require the shape of an adult human body. Has anyone ever modeled the human body in ProE or does anyone know of a website or other media where I could download a model that I could import into my assembly.

Ed

In catia there is a option called Erogonomics

In that you can bring dummies of different sizes

These dummies have joints so that you can move it to different body posteres

Then save it as iges or step or stl then bring into proe

Hope this will solve your issue

Edited by: davisdony

PTC have (or used to have) the human factors library. My copy was modelled in version 13 of Pro/E (circa 1995) and has models for males and females at 5,50 and 95 percentiles. They aren't that good looking

but they come with default and modifiable poses.

DB

I saw something at the conference in Long Beach about an Ergonimics Extension that will be available for Wildfire 4.0 by the end of 2008. This will include human models that will be much more realistic than the ones shown by Dell_Boy. These models will be able to be moved easily to almost any position (standing, sitting, kneeling, reaching, grabbing, etc).

I quickly tried to serach for some info on it (a web page or a press release or something), but I couldn't find anything online...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back