Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Corrugated/Ribbed Hose Modeling

proescott

Hopefully this will be an easy answer for some of you who are more experienced with PRO\E's advanced modeling features than I am. I need to model a flexible corrugated rubber hose similar to the picture shown below. I have tried several different ways but seem to be striking out. What is the simplest way to create this so that it is easily modifyable in the event that the hose bends need to change? I am using Pro/E 2001.

> I have tried several different ways

Has one of them been a VSS with Sketcher relation something like ...
sd(circle diameter) = 2 + .25 * sin(50 * 360 * trajpar)
?

Jeff,

Thanks for the response to my question. No i have not tried what your suggesting. I found a ptc tutorial at the following link http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/textmultitextimg .jsp?&im_dbkey=8460&icg_dbkey=382 which seemed to work to create a bent spring similar to what I am trying to create but I had difficulty trying to change it from an openbent spring to a solid hose. Do you know where I could find a step by step tutorial on the method that your suggesting? Any help you or anyone elsecan provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back