Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Frames and title blocks

emandelli

Hello,

I am working on a 2-D drawing and I am having trouble to insert or create a frame and title block. I created the views and added diemensions, but when I make the background active to insert the frame/title block, the dialog box is empty! I have looked at the tutorial and it is supposed to have some options to use templates, create new ones, ect. Did anybody come across a issue like that?

Thanks

Hi,

I think you should check option of draftingas below:

(main menu) Tools -> Options ->(in Right) Mechanical Design -> (select) Drafting(in Left) Layout (tab) -> (below the page) Background View --- in the "Directory for frame and title block" textbox check the value is valid for your computer. It should be -----(Where you install CATIA)----\B16\intel_a\VBScript\FrameTitleBlock

Check it with full attension!!! Sometimes it's happend that after uninstall and installing the catia (IN OTHER PLACE), enviornment setting remains same and no longer valid.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back