Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

unable to edit format informations

zahid_shanamo

hi to every pro/e forum members.

I am Mohd zahid. I am using pro/e wf2.0. i am facing a problem in pro/e drawing format.when i import a company drawing format (created in AutoCAD) in pro/e for further use in pro/e detailing ,its informations like, (component name ,by,drg. no,date etc.) are not editable anymore.what is the right way to this approah.If anyone is having some idea/options regarding ,please advise me soon.

thanks in advance.

mohd zahid

In a typical Autocad format, it is defined as a block with variable parameters defined as the Attribute of that block.

Proe handles this differently.

Non variable elements like, company logo, borders are done in Format.

Variable elements like, part numbers are put in a Drawing Template.

To create a template, first create a format, use the format, to create a template and define the parameters (akin to attributes) where you would like them to appear.

When you create a drawing, Use the template thus created as a template for the drawing.

It is entirely possible to have variable & parametric data in formats. In fact, this was the only way to do it for many releases before drawing templates were introduced. All variable & parametric text has to be in a table and preceded with the & character. For example, to get the scale of the drawing parametrically embedded in the format use &scale. If you enter variable text that is not an existing parameter, Pro/E will prompt you for the value. For example &title will cause Pro/E to prompt you for the title of the drawing (assuming you don't have a model parameter "title").

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back