Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

rotating a component in an assembly

zahid_shanamo

Hi, pro/e forum members.

i am mohd zahid.i am new to this forum.please help me lmmediately.

i am currently working on control valves like butterfly /globe/ball valves etc. using pro/e wf2.0.

i am having a problem in assembly mode of pro/e wf2.0.I want to know that is it possible to rotate a fully constrained component of an assembly w.r.t an axis/plane in the assembly after it has been assembled.

please give me the full details if anyone knows this option. thanks a lot in advance.

mohd zahid

e-mail:[email protected]
Edited by: zahid_shanamo

A fully constrained component CANNOT be rotated.

Going back to basics...when you constrain all the SIX degrees of freedom, the component cannot be moved or rotated.

If you wish to rotate the component, e.g. the Valve about its axis, you must have rotational freedom.

First: Start a new assembly.

2. Bring in the valve housing and assemble it to default location. (this fixes all the Six degrees of freedom for the housing).

3. Bring in the valve + spindle and align the AXIS and one PLANE, NORMAL to the axis. REMOVE the tick mark on Assumptions.

4. click on the hand icon, click on the valve and you would be able to rotate.

I am not from the valve industry. The above is on my presumption of how a butterfly valve would look like.
Edited by: SRINIVASANIYER1

Dear friend SRINIVASANIYER,

First let me say thank you once again for the for the kind of suppurt you provided to me.Your trick did well. Now ,I want to go a bit more deeper into this issue.If you have some trick. please provide me.

I want to know that is this possible to rotate (instead of only one)two or more components (;disc and shaft simultaniously w.r.t valve body) about an axis of the valve body.

Please give me some suggestions if you have .

Thanks & regards,

Mohd zahid

Hi,friend Dell_Boy,

I could not got your point.Please clearify more.In the assemble mode, as far i know more than one component can be brought to the active assemblyas sub assemblies.If there is another way of adding two or more parts to an assembly,then please guide me .

thanks & regards

Mohd zahid

WHAT he maens is that the disc and the shaft are FULLY Constrained with respect to each other. Hence when you rotate the shaft, the disc will also rotate.

Bring them in as a sub assembly or constraint them accordingly.

Thanks to friend Srini.

I think you are worthy of being my friend.Let us know more about each other just for friendship.

I am working as Sr. design Engineer in DEMBLA Valves Ltd. Thane Mumbai.

My native place is Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh.

My e-mail id:[email protected]

Good Bye .

yours,

Mohd Zahid

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back