Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Fanning out wires on flattened harness

smoothsax

This seems to be something that I can never figure out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When you have a connector with multiple entry ports and the wires go in individual entry_ports, when I flatten my harness and try to fanout the wires, they hardly ever reach because they are too short, so I can never get my flattened harness to look right in the flattened hanress. Looks great in a model, but not in the flattened harness. Can anyone help?

I would think the length of the cable inside the connector would make up for this shortness when fanning out the conductors in the flat.

Okay... the trick is to re assemble your connector by hand and do so to the shortest wire. That way the other wires stick up inside the connector and it looks good for the drawing. use the fan out tool to smooth out the wires afterwards.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back