Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Make Flexible visibility

filmp

<DIV>When I make flexible on a part in assembly, another windows pops up to ask me to select feature. However, the tree do not show the part and its features for me to select.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>If I click the small icon "Show component", another window of the part shows up but I still can't see tree or feature anyway. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Is there anything I did wrong?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>

You can predefine the flexiblity in the part before you go and assemble it.

I think generally it is under Edit->setup->flexibility

If you do it this way you dont have to worry about working on setting the flexibility in assembly mode

I have similar problems very often: when inserting a part in a complicated assembly and I want to use for constraining planes from the inserted part, I have to make few guesses about where is that particular plane I need because the inserted part is not visible in the tree.

I found out that attaching a flexibility to a part brings you in the insert mode. In that mode you can't see the part in the history tree. To select a component, you need to select the feature in the inserting part that has dimension you want to make flexible.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back