Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mold design step !!?

phucxoxo

Hi everybody !!
sorry if this is a basic question
smiley17.gif

after i split all volume and extract all of them. i start design mold, but i don't know clearly the right step of them. ex , you should cut hole for Guide pin or cut a water line, or you should cut a hole for bolts , i don't which work is done first, second ..... and more ..... actually the follow step, thanks for reading .

as my experiance, after split u can go for water line cut,then screw hole pitching

next step is sizinging ur inserts

Hi anup2c ! thanks for your support
by the way when i want to cut a standard hole , ex: M12x1.5 , and there are many positions on part but these positions are not mirror and not a pattern, so how i cut them whith the fastest way, anybody , please help me because there are many , many same holes ...i can't make hole by hole... thanks

dear regarding holes. u can copy tham and paste them on different locations. or u can. if these holes are sketched one u can save the sketch and import it again where ever required.

ravi makhija

rvm cad soft

as I am working, after split I dont touch those volumes. I make an assy file and some blank part files. assemble all extractedvolumes in assy and blank part. now I merge those ex volumes in blank parts and then use those new merges volumes for mold design. Why I do this?? for example, if costumer needs a big change in mold I can easily maniplate those geniune volumes as they contain only extracted features. Than regenarate those merged parts. If regenaration fails, I always have my geniune volumes so I make merge parts again and make my mold.

as we know, pro makes difficult to handle parts with shared information like assy cuts etc, without use of pro/intralink. It makes part files too much heavy in this case, even if you use intralink too.

Next step according to your way is to make a complete mold assy and assemble all components in mold base, make water lines, gate and runners and each and every thing to complete the mold.

hi,phucxoxo....

if u got holes in different pitch..better make points by using sketch,then create holes in holes-skecth mode if u need counterbore hole,or what ever hole u want...then place holes using that points...if u need more hole,,just copy ,and paste it,,,

thats all

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back