Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Cable Tutorials

girijesh

Hello Friends,

I'm looking for a tutorial for Pro/Cable. Can anyone please help me get one.

Thanks

Wishes

Girijesh

PTC University has the best Ive seen for self learning. http://www.ptc.com/learning/

Other than that you can take a class someplace. Do youself a favor chose a class where you can learn RSD or to modify RSD schematics before you chose a class.

Edited by: design-engine

One of my past students who now works at NASA came over the weekend to
help me learn RSD at a higher level. He made a youtube video for
Pro/CABLE that highlights the class. I am now inspired to make these
videos for Pro/CABLE and RSD. Check back in the next week and you can bet Ill have more videos for Pro/CABLE and RSD uploaded there. There are a few there now so just search 'proe cable' to locate.

BTW... we have a guy in for training this month (three week student) that owns a company that employers a guy who was on the team who developed Pro/CABLE. (that was a mouth full).

I will become a Pro/CABLE RSD expert. Mark my words.

Frotime cable is only a start however it is important to mention here that it is the combination of top down design, logical reference data and large assembly management that makes Pro/CABLE the winning combination. I don't think that the frotime tutors don't discuss:

Top down design (use with respect to Pro/CABLE)
flattening cables
RSD (wiring diagrams) transfered during logical referencing
workflow
Autorouting is mentioned but not elaborated upon.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back