Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide & Unhide

filmp

<DIV>I am working on an assembly, and I use option hide and unhide component.</DIV>
<DIV>For some reason, ProE is not working correctly. I unhides part then save, and exit from program. But when I come back to open the assembly again, parts are still hiding. Any ideas? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I also have a problem with "pattern", using the option axis with 290mm space. The patterned parts look fine in preview mode. But after that, parts are shown on screen as if they are at 600 mm space????</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>

Re Hide, Unhide; look up "Save Status"

You should start a new topic for the pattern problem with an appropriate subject line and pics or model example.

Make sure you save your layer status before saving the file after hiding/unhiding a part.

For the pattern what exactly are you trying to do?

<DIV>Thanks all, the hide/unhide is resolved with the save layer status.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>For pattern, I just patterned 5thin tapes with 290 mm space. It looks fine when I did it. But once I saved, and came back in the morning. The tapes are not at the same locations, as if they are about 600 mm away. If I edit the definition, the preview still shows that I have 290 mm space. To fix this, I have to change the space to 0 mm so that all 5 tapes coming back to the original position. I don't know what I did wrong, because I have the same feature on other tapesin the same assy modeland I have no problem.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Filmp</DIV>
<DIV>(Using WF3)</DIV>

If you put a value for the dimension under the dimensions tab you will increment your pattern instanceslike you would in a linear pattern. I'm assuming you are have a tape and you are trying to get the pattern members to go along in the same direction. Set the second direction pattern members to 1. Set the first direction pattern members to 5 and the angle to zero. Under dimensions set your increment to 290.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back