Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

config.pro problem

alvin164

Hi ALL,

Sorry to bother you all.I have a question regarding the config.pro file. Below is what is written in my config.pro file

mapkey $F3 @MAPKEY_NAMEpurge all documents;@MAPKEY_LABELPURGE;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Windows`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Windows.psh_win_open_system`;
mapkey $F2 @MAPKEY_NAMEturn on/off 3D Notes;@MAPKEY_LABEL3D_Notes;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Utilities`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Utilities.psh_util_env`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `env_dlg` `DispMdlNotes`0;
mapkey $F1 @MAPKEY_NAMEErase not displayed;@MAPKEY_LABELErase_ND;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `File`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `File.cb_file_erase`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `File.cb_file_erase`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_erase_not_disp`;
mapkey $F3 @MAPKEY_NAMEpurge all documents;@MAPKEY_LABELPURGE;@SYSTEMpurge;

pen1_line_weight 2
pen2_line_weight 1
pen3_line_weight 1
pen4_line_weight 2
pen5_line_weight 2
pen6_line_weight 2
pen7_line_weight 2
pen8_line_weight 2

use_software_linefonts set to Yes
allow_anatomic_features YES
display_coordinate_sys YES
display shade
default_dec_places 3
drawing_setup_file C:\PRO_E_WF3\Active_Drawing.dtl
edge_display_quality very_high
mdl_tree_cfg_file C:\PRO_E_WF3\tree.cfg
orientation ISOMETRIC
start_model_dir C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\templates
template_designasm C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\templates\inlbs_asm_design.asm
template_solidpart C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\templates\inlbs_part_solid.prt
plotter_command WINDOWS_PRINT_MANAGER
tol_mode nominal

WHEN i created new assembly file, the datums and views are there. However, when i want to add new part, by clicking

1) CREATE A COMPONENT IN ASSEMBLY MODE
2) SELECT PART tab, type in the name, click OK

under creation method, i see copy from existing, locate default datum, empty, create deatures.
Under COPY FROM box, the part name is always "inlbs_part_bulk.prt" instead of "inlbs_part_solid.prt"

what am i doing wrong??

thanks for your help..

[warning, rant ahead]

Unfortunately, Pro|E is not smart enough to default to using your actual start part in this situation, it only defaults to the start part folder and then picks up the first part in the list. Since "inlbs_part_bulk.prt" instis ahead of"inlbs_part_solid.prt" alphabetically, it finds that first and defaults to it.

Who knew when you set a specific 'start part' you wanted Pro|E to, you know, actually default to that one.

[end rant, on to the solution
smiley17.gif
]

You can rename you start part so it always is first in the list to prevent that. or you can simply use the 'browse' button to bring up a file open window and select your start part.

dgs said:
[warning, rant ahead]

Unfortunately, Pro|E is not smart enough to default to using your actual start part in this situation, it only defaults to the start part folder and then picks up the first part in the list. Since "inlbs_part_bulk.prt" instis ahead of"inlbs_part_solid.prt" alphabetically, it finds that first and defaults to it.

Who knew when you set a specific 'start part' you wanted Pro|E to, you know, actually default to that one.

[end rant, on to the solution
smiley17.gif
]

You can rename you start part so it always is first in the list to prevent that. or you can simply use the 'browse' button to bring up a file open window and select your start part.

SO even after setting the default part file to the directory and file, pro e still not able to pick up that file unless the file is renamed so that it is the first in the list? thank you

Edit:
ahhh, never mind. Sorry guys, I ~thought~ I remembered how this works
but was mistaken. The template_* config opts are used for File / New
not created within an assembly without regard for intf_in_use...
Sorry to confuse the issue.
Edited by: jeff4136

Ithink this is a case of the assembly code guys not talking to the core functions code guys. It happens all the time, that's why we have the middle mouse button (MMB) that may mean new, done, cancel, OK or nothing depending on the context. It's why sketcher dims, drawing dims, part/assy ref dims and the measure tool, which performvariations on the same function,all operate in different ways.

I actually, in one of my ornerier moods one day,opened a call with PTC on this. I argued it was broken as it was ignoring the config file. The nice Indian man with modest English skills politely walked me through the steps to get to my start part andthen told me that it was supposed to be that way (intended functionality). I tried to argue it, but he wasn't getting it, so I gave up.

Oh, on an unrelated note, I noticed that you have two F3 mapkeys defined above. The first one isn't doing anything and can be deleted from your file.

In your config.pro, set the option for your start model directory (start part and start assembly models):

start_model_dir "drive:\....."(location of start model directory)

This should allow the default start models while in assembly mode.

> I tried to argue it, but he wasn't getting it, so I gave up.

smiley36.gif

Pity the poor fella. He has to do that all day.

Thinking about it a bit ... but probably not enough ... there's no reference to
defaults in the Component Create dialog. Maybe an enhancement request to add a
'from Default Template' radio button and skip the subsequent Creation Options
dialog.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back