Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ECAD Family Table Parts

ChrisK

I have entered family table parts in my hint map file but they do not get loaded into my pcb assembly unless the files are in session at the time of import. I tried modifying the mcad name as "cap_chip_1206<cap_chip>" for example, this loaded the family table member into session but would not assemble the part to the pcb the log file gave the following warning :Bad PRO/E object name <CAP_CHIP_1206<CAP_CHIP>> for package <SES_CC1206> alt name <SES_CC1206>. The component ignored. I'm using WF3 M050 & IDF3.

Chris K

If you want instances of components to be imported via ecad_hint.map the folder where the generic lies must be on search path (library catalog won't find it) and the instance needs to have been regenerated at least once (use verify to regen all) AND the instance index updated correctly.

The attached zip file contains a 3D pdf of a reasonably complicated
board but should show the benefit of using ecad_hint.map to bring in
real models (and instances) instead of extruded outlines

DB

2008-11-13_033642_ecad_import.zip

Thanks for the reply, I figured it out a while back and created an ecad search file and added it to my config file. Most of the PCB assy's designed where I work are quite crowded, ecad comes into its own when there are several boards close to each other and can be easily used to spot clashes or less than acceptable clearances.

Chris

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back