Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Questions about Mechanism Capabilities

scottsupra

I'm new to Mechanism and I'm looking into to get some training. I just wanted to see if mechanism will do what I want it to do?

Can you define a hydraulic actuators?

Can Dynamic Mechansim calculate the force required for the actuator?

Can Dynamic Mechansim calculate the loads that the actuator will input into the systems?

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Scott,

The answer is 'yes' to all questions. MDX/MDO does not have a hydraulic actuator as a basic building block, but you can easily create the piston and cylinder bore components and apply the hydraulic load in the proper locations to accurately represent the forces. With training and someclever applicationsof BMX, you can enter your pressure as a parameter in Pro/Eand have measured areas fromyour model involved to calculate the exact force applied. This allows for automatic updating of your loading given changes in your geometry to size your cylinder properly.

Good Luck,

Chris

I agree Scott , you definitley need MDX and MDO for this kind of problems

But take care of redundancies of your mechanism , they can make your force analysis not "usable"
smiley7.gif

Hello Kaz and Ankarali,

where can i look for a solved example or a tutor. I am desporately working to find the force a mechanism can generate. it will be of great help if you can tell me the procedure to find the resultant force on a beam pivoted. (i am talking about the effort and the lever arm).

Thank you, Waiting eagerly for any kind of inputs.

Regards, Bhushan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back