Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

my chain_sprocket won’t move dynamically

alwaysdrunk

hi there

I have a chain sprocket mechanism but i have one last problem. I can't seem to move the chain as the sprocket turns. i attempted to have cam connection bet sprocket and chain it runs well but stops after the chain goes down.I allowed the chain to follow a slot connection bet curve any help?

I suppose there ino reason to set cam connection between gear and chain sprocket.

If I were You I would make a sprocket slide by the cuve as You`ve already done, and set the wheel with an additional servo motors with a speed relative to velocity of sprockets. Summarizing - all would be done by - test, an additional test, test again, again :)))

but I`ve already seen such tutorial at PTC web page. Visit it and check the Mechanism support page

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_25/howto/apm11083/apm11083.html

With ur cam selection click allow liftoff

muadib3d - method is much easier but less dynamic. just depends on the time you have to invest in the project i guess.

Hi guys

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.I finally got my mechanism run. i wanted to upload the video here but there seems to be a server problem here in MCAD so for you people who has a problem with chain-sprocket mechanism, you can PM me maybe I can help.

Thanks again

what was the problem in the end?
which method did u go for?
What was the reasoning behind the selection?

Hai there

I'm sorry I just disappear. I solved this problem by connecting each roller chain to the sprocket by cam connection and lift it off. this way, rollers will continue to move along the path connected as slot.

it's really nice to see things going right

2009-03-18_050719_chain.rar

just to finish this thread i have attached the video for my running chain sprocket mechanism
smiley4.gif

Edited by: alwaysdrunk

This is for all who learn from each other. So the part of animation you have attached is not confidential. I mean it will be benefecial for so many if you attached the actual file such that they can open, check evry connection and start building their own and learn from it.

The old users can guess building such models is no problem for me but these days I am doing PhD and don't have time to build such models and post it. In the past I have been doing so.

Thanx

2009-05-19_050413_chain_sprocket.zip

Hi there, please see attached assembly for the chain mechanism. it is not what is in the video, I remodeled evrything to make it a more realistic chain and sprocket.just run an analysis in mechanism and it will do just fine.

thank you for sharing your ideas that is why I also do not hesitate to upload this assembly

This forum is enriched with Israr returning to it.

How you been mate?

Side note... why is it everything that i type here is usng double spaced lines?

Thanks Puppet,

Actually I am doing PhD from UK andam involved in sutdies. But now I have time.

Israr

hi

I know this topic is dead for a few years, but I'm trying
to make my own chain-sprocket mechanism. I have a few issue
to solve.
alwaysdrunk, is it possible to reupload the files? So I can
take a look how you did it and than I can adjust my own
design. The link seems dead..

Thanks in advance!
Edited by: Boom

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World