Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Draft

Harish.P

hello everyone,

i have one doubt regarding draft in pro-e, in pro-e it is limited to only 30 degrees, if we want to use more than that degree means what is the other option...?? else than the draft offset..!? anyone is aware about this pls give me feedback...

thanks in advance..

Regards,

Harish.P

magneplanar,

do you know of any references for "blend tangent to surfaces". Every time I try that command it doesn't work and frustrates me. Is there a tutorial for the advanced commands?

Thanks,

Krow72

Krow72,

actually, the help files have several detailed steps for the use of this function.

if you look under the category:

functional area: surfacing-->technical surfacing-->creating advanced surface features-->creating other surfaces from boundaries

you will find some explanation and examples.

having said that, it is not a fool proof tool, (are any of them? hehe)

You can go to what amounts to a draft angle beyond 30 and add in a round tangent to the face of the next level. This is especially useful on import geometry where you do not want to remove some features. WF4 round removal probably eliminates the need for that. It is a surface that you create so that does mean you have to build the new quilt shape to change the whole area.

It has issues with going around a corner and capping surfaces on the sides.

cheers,

M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back