Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Facing a problem in Mechanism Design

sonal.ss4

I am facing a problem while performing mechanism simulation in Pro/E.
When I run the mechanism, one part can't detect the other part in its
way and rather colliding with that it goes past through it. I need that
a part detect an obstacle in its path while moving and collide with it
exerting some impulse on the obstacle. How can it be possible. Please
help me out.

If you are in WF2, then you need to do it in dynamics rather than kinematics. I believe collision detection with impulse is available in WF3. Iremember seeing it on a "What's New" video.

smiley17.gif

This problem is solved in WF3.0 ,

You must have this in config.pro "enable_advanced_collision" ,

then you can choose under "Tools" the right adjustment....hope that helps
smiley36.gif

Hai Sonal

Yes you have to choose "no collision detection" , "global collision" or "partial collision" and specify its optional settings. you can choose "push objects on collision". follow this

first, add this to config.pro "enable_advanced_collision"...how?

tools - options - then find "enable_advanced_collision" set to yes and click add/change. you can save it.

second. tools - assembly settings - collision detection settings

make good!!

SRINIVASANIYER1 said:
If you are in WF2, then you need to do it in dynamics rather than kinematics. I believe collision detection with impulse is available in WF3. Iremember seeing it on a "What's New" video.

Even with Dynamics analysis I could not detect colliding bodies in WF 2.0

In WF 2, Run your analysis, and use the playback option and check the interference option, it will highlight any interfering parts.

If you dont want parts to pass through in WF2. Create a cam with liftoff between the parts that interfere.

anand,

I once saw a demo (WF2) of a motorcycle on a road, with the shock absorber springs bouncing. I believe that is collision detection with IMPULSE.

Csusie,

the original post requires interference detection with IMPULSE the way real objects behave. I didnt get the idea of creating a cam connection with lift off for interfering objects. Can you post an example? It will be educative.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back