Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unfold X-section

sip

Hi all,

I have a cap with three lugs @ 120degrees. I want to create a x-section in view manager using a sketch going through the lugs, but i can't get it to show in the drawing unfolded, so that you see the full width of the part. The one half is a projection of the cut surface.

Anyone can help me out?

TIA

Sip
Edited by: sip

Hi Jacek,

I know, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I want to unfold the x-section so the lugs show up as if they are across from each other on the drawing. I don't want this:

Thanks,

Sip

I do not quite know where is the problem.

First - I am sure You know that - you can not unfold existing section

second - unfold section must be created as general view, then View > Properties > section Total unfold

Insert > Drawing View > General > Section > 2D Cross-section > choose right X-sec > Full(Unfold)

I think You do not miss anything in config. I suppose it is all about right sequence of "click here, click there" :)))))

Hi Jacek

Looks like it's grayed out on mine. Do I have to do someting in the model first?

Sip

your view should not be a projection view. It works sometimes for projection(full(Aligned), but I would make it on General view

I `ve tried with my own drawing. Everything works fine. I gonna run some more investigations, maybe then I find something...

ok, sip I gonna do that, but for this moment please do as follows:

Insert > drawing view > do not orient view(no front, top, ect), go straight to the section menu > 2D cross section > check if Full is not greyed.

I forget to tell You that You do not have to oreint view for Unfold section, Pro\e should make it by itself.

So try that and tell me if it works.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back