Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

no snap to datum/geometry in sketcher

swf-1

Hi All,

A couple of days ago, I went into sketcher (WF3) and noticed that when I create geometry, it would'nt snap to the default references. Nor will it snap to existing geometry. I haven't knowingly changed anything, the intent manager is on and all of the constraints are activated. I haven't changed any of the sketcher options in config.pro. I am a t loss as tohow this happened. Anybody out there have a clue as to what the problem might be?

Thanks

SWF-3

I haven't changed my graphics card but I did install Corel draw about the same time I noticed this problem.

I don't have a clue, really. A thing or three I might try ...
_ Hide your config.pro (to make sure nothing in it is causing
the problem, maybe hide config.win too?) and start Pro/E.
_ Contact the folks that market Corel Draw and ask 'em about
known conflicts. Make sure it didn't configure your graphics
drivers for you when it installed (?).
_ Wait for someone that has an answer to reply. ;^)
_ Reinstall Pro/E. ;^(

Jeff,

Since I have installed Corel, my config.win has versioned up. I had read in one of the forums that it could be the causeof problems similar to this,so I copied the original and renamed to the latest version but it didn't change anything. Since then, It has versioned again coinciding with the use of Corel. I will try your first suggestion to see what happens.

Thanks

Steve

By hiding my config.pro it solved the problem, now I have to figure out what changed in my config.pro to make this happen - any ideas?

> - any ideas?

Nothing concrete offhand.

Maybe look at
Help
.Part Modeling
..Sketcher
...Configuring for Sketcher
Looking at it, constraints have option names *skamps.
Any *skamps in your config.pro?

What you might do is start 'bare', save a copy of current_config.pro
(uncheck "Show only loaded from file" (? or whatever it says) and
compare with a copy of current_config.pro (minus mapkeys, paths, etc.)
that's active when things are not working.

If you want to zip and post your config.pro maybe I or someone else can
spot the culprit.

<UL>
<LI>Make a copy of your config.pro as a back up. </LI>
<LI>Open it in a text editor an pick an option halfway down and delete it and everything following. </LI>
<LI>Run pro|E and see if it's fixed.</LI>
<LI>If not, go to the back up config.pro and grab the options that you deleted</LI>
<LI>Paste them in you config.pro</LI>
<LI>Run Pro|E and see if it's fixed. (It should be)</LI>
<LI>Keep cutting the config.pro in half until you isolate the problem option</LI>[/list]

It's possible that there are 2 options in conflict, which will make that method a little more complicated but you should still be able to isolate it.

I'd like to know what Corel Draw is doing messing with Pro|E config.win files. Are you sure that's happening? What does Corel say about it?

Well, I found the problem but not sure when it happened. The default sketcher accuracy is -1 mine was set at .0001. I thought I had changed it after I noticed the problem in an attemptto see if that was the culprit?- oh well

Doug,

Regarding Corel draw messing with Proe config.win files, I don't know that it is possible. I had read in another thread abouta config.win file getting corrupted, for whatever reason, and it causing problems with the graphics I believe. I think in this case which is probably coincidental, the thought was maybe during the install (of Corel)it changed the default graphic card driver and had an effect on Proe.

Jeff,

My config.pro did not have skamps nor does the default one. I put one in to see what would happen and it just turns that particular constraint on and off. This can be overridden while in sketcher. So I'm not sure what they are for.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back