Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Flip Bend in Family Table

brinkj

Does anyone know how to flip a bend from +90 to -90 in a family table? In the flat wall and flange wall commands there is a button that lets you flip the angle. I'm wondering if there is a way to do the same thing in a family table. Thanks.

James

brinkj:

to do this in a family table, follow these steps:

1- select the "Dimension" option in the Add Item section of the family tables window:

Snippy0002.jpg

2: Click on the feature with the dimension you want to flip. This should bring up the dimensions that you can choos from:

Snippy0006.jpg

3:Clicking on the 90 degree dim will add it to the list of dims on the family table menu:

Snippy0007.jpg

5: hit ok. This will then give you the family table with the dimension you want to modify. To flip the 90 by 180, enter 270 in the new instance:

Snippy0009.jpg

6: if you verufy the part then open the new instance, the wall should be flipped:

Snippy0012.jpg

hope this helps. (I am working in WF 3.0)

Thanks for the help.

The problemI've found withthis technique is that it adds (or takes away) a material thickness from the location of the bend. I think this is because the edge selection changes from being the inside edge to the outside edge when you flip the angle in the table.

Anyone else have an idea (without having to alter the original wall length in the table)? Thanks.

James

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back