Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

strange problem with round/fillet !!!!

rudresh.hm

Hi all,
I am facing a strange problem with round. I have created ribs using pattern. these ribs must be identical and behave in similar way. but the fillet is flowing all around the rim and not flowing near one rib. I have attached the picture.
plz suggest on this. I have faced this problemmany times but some how I have solved using transition or changing radii values or changing the order of rounds or...... Now I am putting in front of this forum. plz explain how it works.

thanks Sip,

thanks for the reply. what to do I cant creat early rounds and include fillets in sketch. I just want to know why it is not creating in one place and creating in other two places.

thnx

-Rudresh

Rudresh.hm,

From my experience with pro-e, cylinders are created into halves (if you choose use edge in sketch mode it only highlights half the circle). If your rib is contacting the cylinder where the two halves meet that is probably where the problem is. Try to rotate your ribs 15 degrees and see if this takes care of your problem. Let me know if this works.

Krow72

Thanks Deepak, thanks Krow,

@ Deepak

1. <LI>Sorry I cant upload any Pro/E files here.</LI>
    <LI>Surface to surface, also not working.</LI>

@Krow: I have taken care of this issue also. this rib is not at the point where two halves meet!!!

I have come out of this problem. I had selected a wrong neutral plane for the draft on cylindical surface. Due to change in the neutral plane, the dia of this edge have changed and problem got fixed on it's own :)

Thanks

-Rudresh

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back